I am so excited to be able to add pictures again. I am committing to myself to post at least weekly. I regret not having posts, pictures and letters to read from the past fifteen months or so since I became distracted, lazy, pregnant, computer-less and then sleep deprived as a mom to a newborn who no longer thinks sleeping works for him.
Enough with the excuses!
These pictures are nothing more than a test drive after finally forcing myself to get along with the new Blogger format.
Welcome to the new MacKenzie Family Blog!
In November, Brooklyn decided to cut her hair, again, but did so much damage that whacking it all off was the only way to salvage it. Funny thing, after 3 1/2 years of being convinced that Brooklyn was not the best name for her and wanting to change it, one trip to the salon and a bob later, she is so totally a Brooklyn!
Lexi is slowly adjusting to another move. This has been the hardest yet on her. I hope she feels she fits in soon. Being a teenager is hard, you know? We are visiting a Commonwealth homeschool co-op this week and pray she connects with someone!
Aidan has slipped into life with cousins seamlessly! This is one of them.
This is back in our yard in North Dakota where we still haven't sold our house. I am wondering at which point do I panic about that. Ellie and Addison have a love/hate relationship that only sisters close in age are likely to understand.
Ellie was finally baptised in November. My parents and oldest brother's family came out to support her. Just in time for us to move back. Considerate of us, was it not?
Ellie right before her baptism and her mother, Mackfatzie! (So having a baby in my mid thirties, in North Dakota, a place not really conducive to thinness, did not do my body much good. But I'll have you know that I lost 10 stinkin' pounds in the first five days of being back in Colorado! I guess the decision now is do I really care to focus on this at this point in my life? I bring it up because if I'm gonna be showing pictures of myself, I want to address the obvious. I have gained a lot of weight. With that, I have to accept the fact that I am a yo-yoer. And there you have it.)
I am loving being back in Colorado. I feel like I can breath again. My North Dakota experience changed me, I have a lot of emotions that I am dealing with and I don't like that but I have begun to understand it. It's something I feel I need to write about but I don't know if this is the proper place. However, this is an archive of my life. I don't really write anywhere else and what happened to me is part of that. I also am coming home with my confidence shaken, my passions non-existent, and my feelings of self-worth diminished. North Dakota ended up being my very own, tailor-made poison. And even as I write that, I can't help but actually love North Dakota as a state. It's so many of the people I had to deal with that ruined it for me. I know that I need to frankly forgive them. I am feeling like I can finally work on that (which is so very wrong, I know) now that I am not involved so constantly. I have to rebuild myself.
Anyway, something to be resolved another day. I promise I will write mostly fun good stuff. I really do want to remember it all! My dear little Emmett is 7 months old already and the swiftness in which that happened is largely the motivation for this new blog. I will do a post on just him soon, as I realize now I didn't add a picture above. How rude! (Blast!!! I just tried to add one afterall and Blogger, good ol' Blogger, won't let me! Grrr!)
Well, like always, I miss you and love you! Though many of you I no longer miss because I get to see you all of the time. What a concept, wouldn't you say?!
Yay for pictures and updates! Missing you guys.
ReplyDeleteWow! I don't think I've seen recent pics of your kids for a while! They all look so much older!
ReplyDeleteOh, how I've missed you!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that there are more pics and even one of you!!! Yes, you gained weight but you still are beautiful!!! Your kids are beautiful too!
ReplyDelete