I just wanted to quickly let you know that the MacKenzie family is safe and relatively dry. Our driveway and land is swampy but we out of harms way, it seems. The flooding and damage in Colorado has been extensive but so far we are doing well. We expect more rain but our house is a ways from the risky areas. We have had leaking from our roof so I currently have huge holes in the ceiling of my dining room. I think it's a small problem in comparison. Three of the houses that I have lived in in my life time are either right by severe flooding or have been directly impacted. When Lexi was a baby we built a house in east Greeley and lived there for a year. My sister sent an arial photo of it and the roof tops are the only visible part of the neighborhood now. So our first little house on Apple Ave will never be the same. It's a little strange really. My parent's shop is in Fort Collins and my brother and their employees were evacuated this morning. We aren't sure how things look there. Water treatment in the city south of us is shut down so there is no flushing or bathing/showering. But, all of us are safe and dry and that's a blessing! Apparently, there is another storm coming Sunday. We are prepared for the worst but praying for the best!
So very much has happened these past months but it has been mainly good stuff. I really need to get things caught up on here.
I hope you are doing well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always great to hear from you!