Monday, July 1, 2013

Life

How in the world is it July?! Where do the days go?! How have I let so much time pass by between posts?!

We are alive and well! I think about all the things I want to record and photos I want to post but finding the time is hard!

We have been enjoying our summer and our animals. We have been able to visit with some friends and attend the Temple. We finally, FINALLY got our dear Emmett blessed! We butchered 16 broiler chickens and ate a couple fried right after. Josh is still working in true machine fashion but he has been able to be around more and we all love that.

We are still not closed on our ND house but expect to this week. After hemming and hawing about buying our house here, we have decided that we will go ahead and do it. There are many changes I would like to make but we will do them as we can. I can't wait to paint but still haven't settled on colors. Silvery gray or oatmeal... Hmmm... Can't decide. And I am insanely picky with colors so I may pick something and it not be right. Oh, the pressure!!! I have realized that I am one who likes to gather details and possibilities and NOT make decisions. So super fun!!!

I finally started going to the gym a few weeks ago. I don't get to go everyday anymore but it's better than nothing. I am sad to report that my legs aren't nearly as strong as they were when I stated a couple of year ago. But my lungs and heart are loving it no matter how my thighs complain. It is a little hard to look in the mirrors knowing how I looked before baby #6 but I feel good about being there and making myself a priority again.

Ok, I have got to end this today. My kids are waiting to have Family Home Evening.

Love and miss you!!!

3 comments:

  1. So, I have decided to make myself a priority again as well. Walking daily-- goal is to walk 2 miles a day. And eat better including a bone broth cleanse. Really need to reset and get rid of health symptoms I have been suffering from. Best of luck. lets encourage each other along the path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Good to hear everyone's doing well! Keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...I prefer to have other people do the gathering of details and possibilities, and then I do well making the final decision based on that! Ha! It drives Shane nuts because he wants me to come up with ideas and make a decision. I like for him to narrow things down for me and then I will run with a decision from there.

    ReplyDelete

It's always great to hear from you!