Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Completely Crazy

We are currently going through one of those stages in life where unfortunate thing, after unfortunate thing, keeps happening. Here is just a little bit of the excitement.

Josh has had a really bad month at work. It's not usually major stuff but definitely annoying and super costly. His truck has been down more than working. Like headlights that don't want to consistently work. During snowstorms. With oncoming traffic. And after four days in the shop and replacing everything possible -- they still don't work right!

Emmett dived off my bed, with me standing three feet away, and fractured something near his elbow this past Sunday. I didn't even see it coming it happened so fast! Josh and I spent Sunday at the ER with him. He was amazingly good and cooperative. I take him to an orthopedic center tomorrow to see what we need to do and where to go from here. It is so sad, but really cute, at the same time to see him crawl around on his casted forearm.

Then, two days later, our eight month old, 70 pound, Great Pyrenees puppy, Izabel, decided to play chicken with a semi going 65 mph. I thought she was dead or near dead when I got her out of the ditch. It turns out that she only has a small fracture to her left front leg. I cannot believe it!

On another note, we did get rabbits. I held out for a whopping two days after writing that last post. And, as a couple of you commented, they aren't too bad. We have a couple of Lionhead does and two Flemish Giant Rex mix bucks. One buck has escaped twice, thanks to Brooklyn, but we got him back. He is desperate to find a lady. Josh found a huge hutch to keep them in. Like really HUGE. I am scared. I think this means more rabbits.

Our chicks should be here next week. And wouldn't you know it, I have to have Lexi in another city by 8 AM each morning and somehow have to figure out how to pick them up from the Post Office when they call. I am not sure how that's all going to work out.

Well, in spite of the craziness, we are doing well! Spring is in the air. Which in this part of the world, smells like manure and lots of it!!! (We tell the kids that it's the smell of money.) But we are excited. Life is good!






2 comments:

  1. Wow! Just got caught up on your blog. Crazy things come in 3's so I think you are done for a bit-- Truck, Broken Arm Emmett and Dog. Hope that things calm down a bit. I had 2 rabbits growing up. It was fun. We would love to come visit you sometime soon. We have spring break next week. Maybe Friday? It would be fun to see the chicks too. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely crazy times but full of memories!

    ReplyDelete

It's always great to hear from you!