It was a lot of fun! We ate little sandwiches, tortilla roll-ups, cupcakes and I don't remember what else. She clearly enjoyed it.
I am rarely able to get a posed/focused picture of her because she doesn't want to look at the camera and instead makes goofy faces. Each time she hears the shutter sound she makes a new silly face. So I have lots of funny pictures to remember her by. Brooklyn is still as busy as ever. The only time she is still is when she is asleep. By all definitions, I think she could be diagnosed as hyper active. I would probably be concerned if she hadn't been that way in the womb also. She needs lots of supervision, redirection, and things to do. She likes to push the limits but is just a really happy, free spirited, little soul. Thankfully, it has been a few months since she last cut her hair. I am not sure if we will keep it short or let it grow back out. I love it both ways. She has a fantastic imagination and if my brain was working, I would give examples of some of the nutty things she says. It's a bummer I can't think of any right now. She can hold her own with the big kids in every way.
*************************************
The night of Brooklyn's party, our baby chicks arrived at the post office and we got the call to come get them. They were a couple of days early and we had to get ready fast! We got 28 chicks, 10 of which went to some of my family for their backyards. We have Red Stars, White Rocks, Americana's (the chicken that lays colored eggs - No joke!) and Barred Rocks. They are growing so quickly and had to be moved from our kitchen (isn't that were everyone keeps their baby animals? :)) to the garage because they got too stinky. Josh is building a coop for them in his very little spare time.
*************************************
Emmett no longer has his cast but I, of course, had to take pictures of it. He never seemed to mind it and it certainly didn't slow him down. I am so grateful that it could get wet. It would have been a nightmare if he couldn't.
I was trying to get a picture of how he ended up crawling with it on. The doctor called him a gorilla. He would crawl with his fist down. He ended up with callouses on the bottom part of his fingers from doing it.
The kids signed his cast the morning we went to get it cut off.
When we got home, Emmett wasn't so sure about crawling. He would try and then lay down. I wasn't sure if it was painful or just weak from lack of use, and honestly, was hard to watch. It took him a little while before he got the hang of things again.
However, it wasn't long before he figured out how to crawl normally and he hasn't looked back.
Sometimes I worry about what Emmett's health will be like seeing as how rough it's been so far. He turned 10 months this past week. I really can't believe it. He waves and shakes his head no (which is so funny to everyone in the house -- right now anyway) and babbles is such a cute way. He's been cruising around furniture for months. Since he's the sixth, I can't remember exactly when he started that. He loves to sneak up the stairs into Aidan's room and play with the Lego's. Thankfully, thankfully, he knows they aren't food and usually keeps them out of his mouth. We try to keep up with him though. Emmett is still a mama's boy but it's maybe a little less intense now that he is around more people, more often, since moving here. When we took him to the ER for his wrist he weighed 18 pounds. All of a sudden, he got chubbier so I don't know what he currently is. Before, my largest 1 year old was Lexi and she weighed 18 pounds then. Obviously he beat that record. We love him so much and can't imagine life without him!He is my happy place in so many ways.
Testing this silly thing out.
ReplyDelete